Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Waiting for location data

Author
A
Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all

I have an issue with SD because once launched and clicked on "Fly" the signal and the related gps position goes on and off with the famous "waiting for location data" flag.
I tried the free version for a couple of flights before to buy the full version without the gps pause of 10 min and with the free one I didn't have any issue with the receiver and it worked flawlessly, with the definitive one it has become impossible to use.
I use it on an pad 3rd gen wifi+cell (this is the main reason I choose SD over other app which are no longer supported on the older model of iPad).
Trying to solve the issue, I did a full reset of the device, disabled the data for all the apps other than SD and enabled the position only for SD but it didn't work and the problem is still here.
Is anybody had the same problem?

SD Version is 3.16.4.350

Thx

Edited 1/14/2023 4:56:19 PM by Andylh
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
If you contact customer support about this they may be able to point you towards tools you can use to help diagnose this issue.
Andylh
A
Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)
Thx Tim

I contacted them but it seems that it's a problem with my mobile provider and not with SD because I tried to use the phone as hotspot for the iPad and SD and the issue has disappeared even if they are disconnected each other so it must be a problem linked to the mobile operator of the iPad and not to the software.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search