Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Virtual radar climb and descent

Author
n
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Very new to SD and a nagging feeling that I'm about to ask a repeat question.

When plotting routes and then viewing the Virtual Radar I see that the climb and descent (BOC,TOC,TOD,BOD) etc doesn't show.  I just get a horizontal line from start point to finish.  On other routes I do however.

Can anyone assist please?

Many thanks,

Nick

nickinafrica@yahoo.com
n
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
nickinafrica@yahoo.com - 1/7/2023 12:21:29 PM
Hi,

Very new to SD and a nagging feeling that I'm about to ask a repeat question.

When plotting routes and then viewing the Virtual Radar I see that the climb and descent (BOC,TOC,TOD,BOD) etc doesn't show.  I just get a horizontal line from start point to finish.  On other routes I do however.

Can anyone assist please?

Many thanks,

Nick

Hi, further looking into the issue seemed to reviewing routes for a day when it was too windy to fly.  Further assistance still welcomed.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Yes, that's probably it. You'll only get the flat line if SkyDemon hasn't been able to accurately model your flight, and that usually happens because there's literally no solution to the problem of what heading to fly to achieve the necessary track and groundspeed.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search