Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

ADSB in the UK?

Author
C
Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello from the USA😊

I'm a newly minted 68 year old Recreational Pilot living in the NorthEast. Recreational Pilot, if this is not something you have in your country, is basically Private Pilot with certain limitations. I can still fly anywhere in the US and into any airspace 10,000' or below. I'm one of less than 100 such pilots. It's a certificate not well understood or promoted, sadly. Many more could be flying if they knew of this. Anyway, enough about me.

My interest is in ADSB. My understanding is, in the UK, it is not required for smaller aircraft less than around 5000lbs(?). Be that as it may, how many such pilots are getting it installed, I wonder?

Here in the US, it is required... and on every plane... if you wish to fly into Class A, B or C airspace or Class E above 10,000'.

The cost is relatively low. Around $2,000 for a wing or tail mounted ADSB out unit plus another $300 for the ADSB in receiver to connect to your tablet running Skydeamon.

George
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search