Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Problem to transfer routes to the Garmin 660 device

Author
Mike Stueber
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Since several years I use SkyDemon and always it was possible to transfer routes to my GARMIN 660 device. Today I did what I did all the time. I recieved also the message " Your route has successfully been exported to your device" but in fact, there is (are) no new route(s) on my device. I tried it several times, every time the same result. What could have been changed? I deletet also all my Flight logs and all track logs. The numer of storad froutes is only 22 (50 should be possible). Hannah from SkyDemon told me, that nothing has changed on the SkyDemon side. I'm using the latest software on my Garmin660 and the latest version from SkyDemon on my PC. Has anyone an idea what could be the reason of this fact? Many thanks for help in advance.  Mike

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Has there been a change to your operating system on your computer maybe? I can't even remember how we talk to a Garmin 660. Does it present itself as a removable storage device to your computer, or something else?
Mike Stueber
Mike Stueber
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/15/2022 10:00:20 AM
Has there been a change to your operating system on your computer maybe? I can't even remember how we talk to a Garmin 660. Does it present itself as a removable storage device to your computer, or something else?

No, there was no change in the operating system (you never know, what windos do in the backround). Yes, one connect the GARMIN 660 with the PC there popps up a message "Enter the mass storage mode?", and i confirmed. After some seconds you can see Garmin 660 as D and F on the path (see attached file). Thanks for your efforts. Kind regards.

Attachments
screenshot3.pdf (142 views, 48.00 KB)
Edited 9/16/2022 11:07:55 AM by Mike Stueber
Mike Stueber
Mike Stueber
Tim Dawson - 9/15/2022 10:00:20 AM

Hi Tim here one information I found out: 
under the path D there you can find a folder "GPX". In this folder are many files, much more than the in my actual flight plan list in the GARMIN 660. In this folder I can find the route as .gpx-file I sended from SkyDEmon to the 660-device. You also find a file "currant.gpx", I don't know what it is. I deleted the file, but it appeared again with a different size.

Mike Stueber
Mike Stueber
Hi Tim and everyone,
I could solve the problem myself:
The limiting factor in the GARMIN 600 is not only the number of stored routes(50).
If you connect the Garmin to the PC you can see, there exists a folder named "GPX".
Obviously there are stored all routes, ever transferred from SkyDemon. The number of gpx-files in this folder is very much greater, than the routes one can see under the menue item "Flight plans".
I deleted the content of the folder and everything works again.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Thanks for letting us know the solution to the problem.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search