Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Best Android tablet for Skydemon

Author
K
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I am trying to figure out what tablet would be best to use with skydemon in a small aircraft.
I have been looking at the Samsung Tab A7 Lite or the Samsung Active 3, both with 4G
there is a substantial price difference between the two.
I am worried that the A7 is a little on the slow side. and the Active 3 has a pretty big screen bezel, therefore a smaller screen.
what I am most interested in knowing is which one has the best screen in terms of reflection, usage in the sun, and also battery life.

Johannes B.
J
Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)Too Much Forum (300 reputation)
Kristian27 - 8/1/2022 11:38:32 AM
Hi, I am trying to figure out what tablet would be best to use with skydemon in a small aircraft.
I have been looking at the Samsung Tab A7 Lite or the Samsung Active 3, both with 4G
I am worried that the A7 is a little on the slow side. and the Active 3 has a pretty big screen bezel, therefore a smaller screen.
what I am most interested in knowing is which one has the best screen in terms of reflection, usage in the sun, and also battery life.

I can only speak for the Active 3 which I use,  but the screen is well readable even in sunlight. With SD running you can expect 3,5 to 4h of usage on one battery charge. I would recommend the Avtive 3 because it is heavy duty with high end specs (fast).

YouTube channel
Kristian27
K
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Johannes B. - 8/3/2022 4:02:53 AM

I can only speak for the Active 3 which I use,  but the screen is well readable even in sunlight. With SD running you can expect 3,5 to 4h of usage on one battery charge. I would recommend the Avtive 3 because it is heavy duty with high end specs (fast).

Thanks for the input, I am leaning towards the Active 3, the only issue is that almost all mounts are made for ipads.. do you use a universal mount or just have the tablet loose ?
also how well does the stylus work ? is it usable to take notes etc ?

Kristian27
K
Actually i found a Ram mount, designed for marine use that will work fine Smile
fruitloops101
fruitloops101
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)

SD is a remarkably undemanding piece of software. I'm still using a 2012 Google Nexus 7 running Cyanogenmod 12.1 but without Google Play installed as constant background updates slowed everything to a crawl. I have to do manual updates of SD but no big deal. I get 4hrs battery life at full screen brightness and runs very smoothly.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search