SkyDemon Forums

Best Android tablet for Skydemon

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic35380.aspx

By Johannes B. - 8/3/2022 4:02:53 AM

Kristian27 - 8/1/2022 11:38:32 AM
Hi, I am trying to figure out what tablet would be best to use with skydemon in a small aircraft.
I have been looking at the Samsung Tab A7 Lite or the Samsung Active 3, both with 4G
there is a substantial price difference between the two.
I am worried that the A7 is a little on the slow side. and the Active 3 has a pretty big screen bezel, therefore a smaller screen.
what I am most interested in knowing is which one has the best screen in terms of reflection, usage in the sun, and also battery life.

I can only speak for the Active 3 which I use,  but the screen is well readable even in sunlight. With SD running you can expect 3,5 to 4h of usage on one battery charge. I would recommend the Avtive 3 because it is heavy duty with high end specs (fast).
By Kristian27 - 8/3/2022 11:40:07 AM

Johannes B. - 8/3/2022 4:02:53 AM
Hi, I am trying to figure out what tablet would be best to use with skydemon in a small aircraft.
I have been looking at the Samsung Tab A7 Lite or the Samsung Active 3, both with 4G
I am worried that the A7 is a little on the slow side. and the Active 3 has a pretty big screen bezel, therefore a smaller screen.
what I am most interested in knowing is which one has the best screen in terms of reflection, usage in the sun, and also battery life.

I can only speak for the Active 3 which I use,  but the screen is well readable even in sunlight. With SD running you can expect 3,5 to 4h of usage on one battery charge. I would recommend the Avtive 3 because it is heavy duty with high end specs (fast).

Thanks for the input, I am leaning towards the Active 3, the only issue is that almost all mounts are made for ipads.. do you use a universal mount or just have the tablet loose ?
also how well does the stylus work ? is it usable to take notes etc ?
By Kristian27 - 8/3/2022 8:00:25 PM

Actually i found a Ram mount, designed for marine use that will work fine Smile
By fruitloops101 - 8/6/2022 7:56:27 PM

SD is a remarkably undemanding piece of software. I'm still using a 2012 Google Nexus 7 running Cyanogenmod 12.1 but without Google Play installed as constant background updates slowed everything to a crawl. I have to do manual updates of SD but no big deal. I get 4hrs battery life at full screen brightness and runs very smoothly.
By Kristian27 - 8/1/2022 11:38:32 AM