Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Can't file GAR on Nexus 7 2013

Author
buzz53
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am unable to file a GAR via SD on my Nexus 7 2013.

SD 3.16.3.21673
Android 6.0.1
Chrome 103.0.5060.129

When I try to file, there is a brief popup "Creating GAR" or similar, then the expected GAR window opens but is blank (white). If I access OnlineGAR directly in Chrome there is an initial dialogue reporting "NET_ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID". If I select the "Advanced" options and then "Proceed to OnlineGAR" it works fine.

I presume SD is getting stuck at this point but offers no option to bypass the certificate error. I appreciate this is not really a SD problem, but does anyone else have this problme and is there a workaround?

Alan

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I don't think there is a workaround.
buzz53
buzz53
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Thank you. So, just to confirm, is this a known problem and not just me? I probably posed the question the wrong way and should have asked: is there anybody who CAN file a GAR on the Nexus 7?

Tim do you know specifically what the issue is, presumably either the old Android or Chrome lacks some modern crypto? If we knew, their may be a fix to be found.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Yes it's that the embedded web browser doesn't understand the newest crypto employed by the OnlineGAR site. I don't know what version(s) are affected but certainly the older your device, the more likely you are to be.
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Is there any way to test SD-Online GAR functionality before actually needing to use it?
I wouldn't be too happy to find the feature doesn't work when at an airfield trying to get home!
Tony

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Since you now need to file GARs outbound as well as inbound, you'll presumably be filing one for your outbound flight anyway.
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/1/2022 9:01:09 AM
Since you now need to file GARs outbound as well as inbound, you'll presumably be filing one for your outbound flight anyway.

I wouldn't be too happy to find the feature doesn't work when at an airfield in the UK trying to France/Belgium....!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
The feature works fine, Tony. You can bring up the GAR window any time you like, by planning a flight to or from the UK mainland. You don't need to actually file it, to test whether the GAR form appears correctly.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search