Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Winds Aloft on Plog vs Overlay

Author
f
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

New user here, but can't find my answers anywhere.

Looking on the SD chart, I see the wind aloft overlay which if I long press on, tells me that the 2000ft wind is 271/10. However, on my plog, (for a 15min leg that starts at one wind aloft overlay symbol and ends at another with a similar wind reading), the pilot log is giving the wind as 057/4 for a 2000ft cruise. Which is almost exactly the opposite wind with half the speed.

Just wondering why that is. Thanks.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I can't give an answer based on what you're describing, though that does sound confusing. Your best bet would be to send the route itself to customer support. You could describe it here but there's a risk that by the time I get to look at it, the situation has changed.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search