Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Sykdemon + Sentry Plus

Author
t
Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Rob,
hi all,

I know we had a similar discusion already some time ago and it is about to consolidate portable ADS-B devices.
I own a SkyEcho 2 I'm operation with Skydemon and a Sentry I use IFR with ForeFlight. ForeFlight incorporated a while ago the support for SkyEcho 2. But I do not see Sentry to be able to be connected to Skydemon. Now we have the new kid on the block Sentry Plus what looks to be a highly valuable little box (all of SkyEcho 2 plus attitude sensor for synthetic vision, CO sensor, G-force sensor, higher endurance due to a larger battery, faster charging time, WiFi client mode (do not know what this could be for)).

So I, I woud like to reopen the discussion if there is any chance to have Skydemon work with Sentry Plus. (Esp. in regards of the background that ForeFlight has the vice versus capabilities with SkyEcho2).

Thx
Talisa

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Sentry is a Foreflight product, designed to work only with their app. Other apps are not able to use it.
tgebhard
t
Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/27/2022 11:01:11 AM
Sentry is a Foreflight product, designed to work only with their app. Other apps are not able to use it.

Hi Tim,
Sentry is a product manufactured by uAvionix but sold via ForeFlight only. SkyEcho is a similar product by uAvionix and directly sold to the open market. The Sentry product family is designed to work prefered with Foreflight but is not designed to work with ForeFlight only.  I've got from uAvionix that there has been some discussion to publish the SDK for Sentry to be used by 3rd party FMS. But as you mentioned correctly the discussions have not progressed pretty far as I got from ForeFlight yesterday. But technically there is no reason why Sentry should not work with other FMS.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Technically there is no reason of course, but Sentry is a Foreflight product, regardless of who manufactures it. They have the option to keep it to themselves and they have chosen to do so.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search