Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Default period for NOTAMs

Author
C
Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm aware of the filtering option that lets you specify the period for which to list NOTAMs, and that the default is to show the ones for today and tomorrow.

The vast majority of my flight planning involves NOTAMs only for today.

Is there a way of changing the stored default, so that I can set it to show only today's ones?  So that I don't have to change the filter every time I view the list?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
There isn't at the moment. However the NOTAM times match your flight times, so it's Flight Details you need to go into, to change your takeoff time. Either set it precisely, which will narrow down NOTAM and other briefing information as much as possible, or set it to Today, which will narrow the briefing information down a bit.
Chris22963
C
Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/13/2022 10:26:11 AM
There isn't at the moment. However the NOTAM times match your flight times, so it's Flight Details you need to go into, to change your takeoff time. Either set it precisely, which will narrow down NOTAM and other briefing information as much as possible, or set it to Today, which will narrow the briefing information down a bit.

Noted, thank you.

I must say, two days seems an odd default.  If I have a flight tomorrow as well, I'll check tomorrow's NOTAMs tomorrow as well in case a new one has come out in the meantime.  But then I'll get the next day's ones as well.

I realise that two day's worth of NOTAMs could be helpful for planning a two-day trip when the second day is without access to the internet, but I'm surprised that that is a frequent enough use case to make it the default.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It's more than lots of people sit down in the afternoon/evening to plan a flight that's likely to occur the next day, and we don't want people to miss a NOTAM that could affect that flight.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search