Group: Forum Members
1. 100 ft off is actually quite good. The barometric altimeter has so many errors built in (e.g. pressure differences, temperatures different from ISA and so on), that it almost never shows the same as the GPS hight. In fact for ATC purpose or to clear an restricted airspace, never ever use the GPS hight (even it is most probably more accurate).
2. unfortunately not. Post this in the ‚requested features‘ part of this forum. This would be a great thing to have.
3. I think this is so much flightsim-istic, I can‘t imagine using this in real flight, and so I think this will not come to SD.
4. actually there is no need to change the flightplan during flight, I never did this. This is not the mangenta line in a 737. You could change your lateral path, but why would you change the altitude in SD?
5. The pilot-log uses the forecasted wind at altitude, while the METAR gives the wind on ground which is quite different.