Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Traffic device choice

Author
d
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello all, 
I am about to buy a traffic device to use with my iPad mini. I really love Skydemon and use it for navigation and share the route to my Skyview so I can use the autopilot. 
I fly in EU but I am not fully aware what is the best choice so I can see more traffic. 
I'd be very happy if you share your opinion so I can buy something good.
Thanks, 
Plamen 

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)
doychinov87 - 5/25/2022 3:28:41 PM
Hello all, 
I am about to buy a traffic device to use with my iPad mini. I really love Skydemon and use it for navigation and share the route to my Skyview so I can use the autopilot. 
I fly in EU but I am not fully aware what is the best choice so I can see more traffic. 
Thanks, 
Plamen 

If you don't care how much it costs, and want a compact plug&play solution: buy a SkyEcho2 and the SkyDemon subscription.
In any other case: buy (or build for yourself) a Stratux (be aware to get a European edition)

Edited 5/25/2022 4:32:49 PM by Adam Erchegyi
TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
Adam Erchegyi - 5/25/2022 4:21:27 PM
doychinov87 - 5/25/2022 3:28:41 PM
Hello all, 
Thanks, 
Plamen 

If you don't care how much it costs, and want a compact plug&play solution: buy a SkyEcho2 and the SkyDemon subscription.
In any other case: buy (or build for yourself) a Stratux (be aware to get a European edition)

In case you are interested in Stratux, please consider Stratux Europe Edition. The above one is just the original website, dedicated to US users.

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
The SkyEcho2 (SE2)  is small, lightweight, compact, needs no external power (up to 24 hrs in receive only mode before batteries need charging), uses in-built antennas and can receive ADS-B Out and FLARM equipped transmissions. For FLARM reception a small annual subscription needs to be paid to SkyDemon.
The SE2 positioning is important to ensure best possible reception of signals.
Hope this helps.

doychinov87
d
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
Tony N - 5/26/2022 8:08:08 AM
The SkyEcho2 (SE2)  is small, lightweight, compact, needs no external power (up to 24 hrs in receive only mode before batteries need charging), uses in-built antennas and can receive ADS-B Out and FLARM equipped transmissions. For FLARM reception a small annual subscription needs to be paid to SkyDemon.
The SE2 positioning is important to ensure best possible reception of signals.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, it does help me because I would like to chose something Smile

rv8ch
rv8ch
Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)
I have the SkyEcho2 with SD, and it works well.  The only unfortunate part is that many aircraft don't fly with ADS-B out or FLARM out.  SE2 does ADS-B out, which is awesome, but I already had that with my Trig solution.
doychinov87
d
rv8ch - 5/27/2022 8:31:48 AM
I have the SkyEcho2 with SD, and it works well.  The only unfortunate part is that many aircraft don't fly with ADS-B out or FLARM out.  SE2 does ADS-B out, which is awesome, but I already had that with my Trig solution.

Same here, I have Garmin GTX 335 with ADSB Out

KimW
K
Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)
I also use SkyEcho II with SD subscription. I use one channel for ADS-B in and other for Flarm, as ADSB out is via aircraft transponder. Remember to configure filter for own ADS-B out data with hex code.

Works great and only issues I have is some slow GPS fix and occasional GPS fallout. Great feature is ability to configure from SD, especially if using multiple planes.

I recommend this setup easily. 

rv8ch
rv8ch
Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)
KimW - 5/31/2022 7:13:30 PM
I also use SkyEcho II with SD subscription. I use one channel for ADS-B in and other for Flarm, as ADSB out is via aircraft transponder. Remember to configure filter for own ADS-B out data with hex code.

Works great and only issues I have is some slow GPS fix and occasional GPS fallout. Great feature is ability to configure from SD, especially if using multiple planes.

I recommend this setup easily. 

My main complaint is the "blacked out" areas - would be great to be able to use multiple antennas or even multiple SE2s and combine to one traffic feed to the SD.   

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search