SkyDemon Forums

Traffic device choice

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic35064.aspx

By KimW - 5/31/2022 7:13:30 PM

I also use SkyEcho II with SD subscription. I use one channel for ADS-B in and other for Flarm, as ADSB out is via aircraft transponder. Remember to configure filter for own ADS-B out data with hex code.

Works great and only issues I have is some slow GPS fix and occasional GPS fallout. Great feature is ability to configure from SD, especially if using multiple planes.

I recommend this setup easily. 
By rv8ch - 6/1/2022 12:38:09 PM

KimW - 5/31/2022 7:13:30 PM
I also use SkyEcho II with SD subscription. I use one channel for ADS-B in and other for Flarm, as ADSB out is via aircraft transponder. Remember to configure filter for own ADS-B out data with hex code.

Works great and only issues I have is some slow GPS fix and occasional GPS fallout. Great feature is ability to configure from SD, especially if using multiple planes.

I recommend this setup easily. 

My main complaint is the "blacked out" areas - would be great to be able to use multiple antennas or even multiple SE2s and combine to one traffic feed to the SD.   
By doychinov87 - 5/25/2022 3:28:41 PM

Hello all, 
I am about to buy a traffic device to use with my iPad mini. I really love Skydemon and use it for navigation and share the route to my Skyview so I can use the autopilot. 
I fly in EU but I am not fully aware what is the best choice so I can see more traffic. 
I'd be very happy if you share your opinion so I can buy something good.
Thanks, 
Plamen