Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Editing filed flight plan

Author
rv8ch
Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I filed a flight plan and realized I used local time instead of UTC.  Trying to edit it, I can only submit a time that's later than the time already filed.  Is this a SD limitation or something else?  Seems wasteful to have to cancel it and refile, even if it only takes a moment.  Thanks!
Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)
rv8ch - 5/21/2022 9:16:08 PM
Hi, I filed a flight plan and realized I used local time instead of UTC.  Trying to edit it, I can only submit a time that's later than the time already filed.  Is this a SD limitation or something else?  Seems wasteful to have to cancel it and refile, even if it only takes a moment.  Thanks!

It's a delay message, only works for delays. Bringing the fpl earlier, you need to refile indeed.

hairgonejohn
hairgonejohn
Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)
hi

On Saturday morning I filed a flightplan, intending it to be for 15.00hrs on Monday.  At approx. 14.35 on Saturday I browsed the email confirmation and realised that the plan was for that day.  when I went to the editing page on my Android phone it said that the tools to edit the plan were on that page.  However the only option was to close the plan.  I did that, which implied that the flight had actually taken place and then got a phonecall from Border Force!

Can I edit a plan on an android phone and how please?

Edited 6/7/2022 2:44:04 PM by hairgonejohn
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
ICAO flightplans cannot be edited once in the system, only delayed. If you've made a mistake when filing a flightplan you can simply cancel it and file another.

I can't discuss a specific flightplan on here, if you've got a concern with it, but we can help you via customer support.

hairgonejohn
hairgonejohn
Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)
[qHi te]
Tim Dawson - 6/8/2022 9:40:04 AM
ICAO flightplans cannot be edited once in the system, only delayed. If you've made a mistake when filing a flightplan you can simply cancel it and file another.

I can't discuss a specific flightplan on here, if you've got a concern with it, but we can help you via customer support.
[/quote]

Hi Tim
Thanks for responding. The only buttons available were to cancel or to close the flight plan.  Is that because it was only 25 mins before departure?  There was no delay button.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I can't look up your specific flightplan from here, you'll have to contact customer support. There should certainly have been a delay button available if you were really 25 minutes pre-departure, but possibly the flightplan was filed for the wrong time.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search