Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Differntiating Flown routes versus Planned routes versus Route templates

Author
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Not sure if this is a feature request or an ask for "how do other people do this"

I have some routes which if fly regulalry (boring I know). 
It feels like there's a bit of sub-optimal compromise between how routes are saved. I would like to have the following :

flown routes - this is effectively the logs capability as it stands now
planned routes - this is a route in the future with a planned date, time, w&b etc etc. - at the moment i have to save these as different NAMES rather than rely on the date/time to differentiate. not a massive hassle.
"favourite routes" or "quick start" routes i would like a way of pulling up a route and having a Quick Start way of entering date, time and optionally w&b.

its just a UX thing and not a show stopper, but its a little fiddly for example, if the date for the flight is saved in the past, i need to open the route, then choose date/time, set it to today/tomorrow, then the future date, then go to w&b and update it. And then if i want to save it and come back to i have to save it with a new name. also, if i've updated the aicraft profile i get an error saying somethings changed...yes  i know! 

I also wonder whether differentiating flown versus planned versus quick starts means you can then merge logs into the same menu. e.g. File-Open-> gives you all in one place? 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search