SkyDemon Forums

Differntiating Flown routes versus Planned routes versus Route templates

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic34935.aspx

By marioair - 5/4/2022 1:59:29 PM

Not sure if this is a feature request or an ask for "how do other people do this"

I have some routes which if fly regulalry (boring I know). 
It feels like there's a bit of sub-optimal compromise between how routes are saved. I would like to have the following :

flown routes - this is effectively the logs capability as it stands now
planned routes - this is a route in the future with a planned date, time, w&b etc etc. - at the moment i have to save these as different NAMES rather than rely on the date/time to differentiate. not a massive hassle.
"favourite routes" or "quick start" routes i would like a way of pulling up a route and having a Quick Start way of entering date, time and optionally w&b.

its just a UX thing and not a show stopper, but its a little fiddly for example, if the date for the flight is saved in the past, i need to open the route, then choose date/time, set it to today/tomorrow, then the future date, then go to w&b and update it. And then if i want to save it and come back to i have to save it with a new name. also, if i've updated the aicraft profile i get an error saying somethings changed...yes  i know! 

I also wonder whether differentiating flown versus planned versus quick starts means you can then merge logs into the same menu. e.g. File-Open-> gives you all in one place?