Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Small differences of the maps

Author
R
Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Yesterday I entered the EDDF control zone (Frankfurt/Main) from the north via November.
After passing November, the controller sent me towards 'northern holding'.
Unfortunately, the two holdings (north and south) are not shown in the arrival chart / maps on Skydemon, while the entry and exit vectors are shown.
The holdings are shown in the 'Approach Chart' and the 'Arrival Chart', but not in the 'VFR Terminal Chart'.

Also, I noticed that ATIS 118.030 is the arrival ATIS, while 118.730 is the departure ATIS.
Would it be possible to include this in the 'Briefing Pack Creation'?

Additionally when I flew over ETNT (Wittmundhafen) at the weekend, I was told by FIS that the CRT together with the TMZ is not active (HX).
Unfortunately this is not shown in the charts.
Is there any way to include the HX?

Is there probably a reporting email that everyone can send their observations to?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
We do not currently include holdings in the SkyDemon traffic guidance. I believe we have added the HX suffixes to German CTRs ready for our next chart update.

The ATIS question is an interesting one. Are they both shown in the SkyDemon details for the airfield, but without anything guiding you when to use each one?

RainerM
R
Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)Too Much Forum (97 reputation)
It would be a great advantage if the maps also included holdings, because sometimes you are sent there even if you just want to cross the CTR.

---------------------------------------------
On the breefing package, the two frequencies are actually given as ATIS without any further information.
The EDDF text states:
12. Separate ATIS Information for Arrivals and Departures
At specified times, ATIS information will be transmitted separately on the
published frequencies for arrivals (118.030 MHz) and departures (118.730
MHz).

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
I can see we do actually have the qualifiers for the ATIS, they're shown in the Approach Info section for the airfield. Could you confirm exactly where you're looking in SkyDemon and not seeing them? I will make sure we get them added.
Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/6/2022 9:56:57 AM
I can see we do actually have the qualifiers for the ATIS, they're shown in the Approach Info section for the airfield.

I can see the qualifiers for EDDF, not for pe. LSZH

RainerM
R
I'm using SkyDemon Plan version 3.16.2.0 with full subscription on Win10.
I had a Briefing Pack created and I only get the two ATIS frequencies displayed there, without any additions.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Ah, do you mean in the Pilot Log? I think I see the problem, and will look to get it fixed. They're appearing in the airfield information section of the briefing pack but not the pilot log part.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I will get LSZH looked at too.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search