Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Making the ground always visible in virtual radar

Author
J
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
the virtual radar is really very well done in my opinion.

I have a suggestion on how I think it would be even better:

When I fly, I would like to know what is below me. Are there some hills or is the ground flat? Additionally, it gives a better spatial idea of the airspace and I can better anticipate my descent in flight.
Currently, this is not always apparent from the virtual radar. It only shows about 2000 ft below me.
I think it would be great if you could set the ground to always be displayed, similar to the virtual radar in planning mode.
Alternatively, the altitude to be displayed above and below me could be set similarly to the automatic decluttering of airspace features.

If the whole thing could be set optionally in the settings, users who favour the current display could continue to use it as before. Nothing would change for them. Users who would like to have the ground visible could activate this in the settings (checkbox).

Many greetings
Julian

(Android, 6,2" display)

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Depending on how high you fly, you might find that you can enlarge the virtual radar to see further below you. We take note of your request to change the scaling though, and will see if others also wish to do this.
Jumuen
J
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
Thank you very much for the quick response and the advice.
Unfortunately, even with different flight altitudes, only an area of approx. 2000ft below me is displayed on my device. Increasing the virtual radar first leads to a change of scale and then additional airspace is displayed above, but not below me. Or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Julian

Too Much Forum (401 reputation)Too Much Forum (401 reputation)Too Much Forum (401 reputation)Too Much Forum (401 reputation)Too Much Forum (401 reputation)Too Much Forum (401 reputation)Too Much Forum (401 reputation)Too Much Forum (401 reputation)Too Much Forum (401 reputation)
Changing profile radar screen size would be a really neat feature.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You're certainly doing nothing wrong, that must just be the way it's intended to work. We will see if this is something there is widespread demand for.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search