Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Show FIS frequency even with smaller displays in portrait orientation

Author
J
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
since I always fly with my mobil phone in portrait orientation, it would be very nice if the FIS frequency is also displayed with smaller displays. In my opinion there is enough space.
If this is not desired, is it possible to activate/deactivate this via the settings?

Attached you will find a photoshopped image with the frequency in the virtual radar.
(Android; Display: 6,2"; SkyDemon 3.16.2.21047)

Thanks,
Julian

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We'll consider adjusting this threshold if we see a lot of feedback like this, certainly. In the meantime are you aware you can open the Radio tab and FIS will be among the frequencies shown at the top of the list?
Jumuen
J
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
Thanks for the fast response.
Yes, I´m aware of the Radio tab.
The advantage I see in the frequency in the virtual radar is that you´re informed directly in the map about the next frequency and the time of the frequency change.
When I use the radio tab, a large part of the map is covered (small display). Furthermore, it is more difficult to hit the tab when it´s bumpy weather.
I can see the difficulties of showing everything on a smaller display and that you may have to make sacrifices, but maybe the threshold will be lowered Wink

Thanks.
Julian

Kurt37
K
Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)
+1 on the request
BJS
B
Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)
Typical smartphone displays show comparable pixel, so I don't see a big difference there, so put me on the list of supporter for the FIS frequency on phones.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Ok, we're going to trial this in the next release. We've updated the threshold so the information appears on iPhone 12 screen widths.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search