Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Apple Watch - Features

Author
g
Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello everyone!
I've been using Skydemon for some time now, I do love the app and I like to think that the main purpose of these apps is to enhance the situational awareness of the pilots.
I've read some really old posts where somebody stated that the downside of Skydemon and some other apps, is that it requires the pilots to "look down" at their tablets.

I do think that with the rise of devices such as the apple watch there is a chance to improve the situational awareness of pilots in two different ways.

- Enhancing situational awareness when there is a significant deviation from the planned altitude: The apple watch has really nice hardware to support altimeter deviation warnings such as deviations from a predefined altitude using haptic feedback and visual alerts in the watch. 
- Enhancing situational awareness when there is a significant deviation from the planned track. This can be represented in a CDI-Like widget.

I think these two features shipped in the form of a companion app for the apple watch will enhance significantly the skydemon experience.

Regards,

Guillermo
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
I don't have to "look down" at my tablet. It is secured in the vertical plane by way of a RAM X mount within the field of vision of my normal scan.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

gsnipe
g
Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)
[quote]
Sky Painter - 4/4/2022 10:19:27 AM
I don't have to "look down" at my tablet. It is secured in the vertical plane by way of a RAM X mount within the field of vision of my normal scan.

Dear Mike,
Thanks for your answer. I think you're missing my point. I also have my tablet within the field of vision of my normal scan, what I'm pointing out here, is how nice would be to reinforce the situational awareness by making use of the haptic feedback feature provided by the Apple Watch.
If you have the chance browse the apple store looking for aviation apps: you will find many aviation apps that are making use of it.

That's why I'm suggesting to create a new companion app for the apple watch, and eventually for any android watch, to improve the SkyDemon experience.

BJS
B
Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)
My frequent cozy cockpit got a lot of electronic gimmick updates over the last years. There are so many talkative gadgets, my partner only speaks of beep-chirp-bing-and-the-chatter-ladies flying. I do not long for another thingy annoying me with action. Whatever may be in the plans - please make it capable of being switched off!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search