SkyDemon Forums

Apple Watch - Features

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic34827.aspx

By gsnipe - 4/3/2022 8:01:38 PM

Hello everyone!
I've been using Skydemon for some time now, I do love the app and I like to think that the main purpose of these apps is to enhance the situational awareness of the pilots.
I've read some really old posts where somebody stated that the downside of Skydemon and some other apps, is that it requires the pilots to "look down" at their tablets.

I do think that with the rise of devices such as the apple watch there is a chance to improve the situational awareness of pilots in two different ways.

- Enhancing situational awareness when there is a significant deviation from the planned altitude: The apple watch has really nice hardware to support altimeter deviation warnings such as deviations from a predefined altitude using haptic feedback and visual alerts in the watch. 
- Enhancing situational awareness when there is a significant deviation from the planned track. This can be represented in a CDI-Like widget.

I think these two features shipped in the form of a companion app for the apple watch will enhance significantly the skydemon experience.

Regards,

Guillermo
By BJS - 4/4/2022 12:10:56 PM

My frequent cozy cockpit got a lot of electronic gimmick updates over the last years. There are so many talkative gadgets, my partner only speaks of beep-chirp-bing-and-the-chatter-ladies flying. I do not long for another thingy annoying me with action. Whatever may be in the plans - please make it capable of being switched off!