Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flight Logging Stopped during Stop and Go

Author
a
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
On a recent flight I performed a number of Stop and Go’s which ended up with having multiple Flight Logs.

Question 1 - Is it possible to prevent the auto stopping the logging?

Question 2 - When I try and use the merge logs function it says that the logs were merged but it cannot be saved due to duplicate file naming - how do I enable log merging?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
1. Yes, you can take control of the logging and start it manually when you want. That way SkyDemon isn't having to guess so much.

2. Sending the logs to yourself and doing this on a PC might be helpful, where it's easier to rename and manipulate the files.

awb
a
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 3/1/2022 10:33:13 AM
1. Yes, you can take control of the logging and start it manually when you want. That way SkyDemon isn't having to guess so much.

2. Sending the logs to yourself and doing this on a PC might be helpful, where it's easier to rename and manipulate the files.

Hi Tim,

How do I enable manual logging?

awb
a
How do you enable manual logging and prevent the auto stop?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
When SkyDemon enters Navigation mode you'll see buttons at the bottom of the screen to log your engine start or your off blocks time. You can use either of those to start your log manually. Takeoff will still be logged automatically.
JoMensdorf
J
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Hi!

I do have a similar question. I used to have an old, simple android tablet for skydemon but switched to a Samsung Galaxy S6 Mini with Skydemon 3.16.3.21673 recently.
Since then the touchdown time is no longer noted and the logs don´t stop automatically.

Is that because I press the offblocks button and would it work if I just started the navigation mode?
I tink I´ve always used the offblock button even with the old tablet.

Thanks a lot!
Jo

Edited 6/26/2022 7:32:00 PM by JoMensdorf
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
If you manually log off blocks, SkyDemon will still automatically detect and log your takeoff and landing based on your speed and altitude. Do check that your new tablet is correctly reporting speed and altitude after you take off and land, before checking what logs are created.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search