Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Redhill runway 25

Author
matthew_w100
Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Redhill (EGKR) now has formal permission to use its relief runway 07/25, although it is unlicensed.  Would it be possible to include this as an available runway in the approach phase?  This would be particularly helpful given its proximity to Gatwick airspace.  
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I would imagine that as soon as the runway is added to the AIP entry, it will appear in SkyDemon data.
matthew_w100
matthew_w100
Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 2/4/2022 11:30:15 AM
I would imagine that as soon as the runway is added to the AIP entry, it will appear in SkyDemon data.

Oh sorry - I didn't realize that was the way it worked.  I had checked Headcorn which SD shows as having runway 03/21 which does not appear in the AIP (except on the chart, as is Redhill's 07/25) and presumed you could add the unlicensed runways manually.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We could do that, but it would be unusual. Let me ask my colleague to look into this.
matthew_w100
matthew_w100
Tim Dawson - 2/17/2022 12:31:23 PM
We could do that, but it would be unusual. Let me ask my colleague to look into this.

Thank you - that would be much appreciated!  07/25 is bang up against the Gatwick CTZ boundary and even slightly overshooting the base-final turn will have you inside.  Every assistance with staying on the right side of the line is to be grasped, especially by those unfamiliar with the place.

If Headcorn have done something special with the AIP for their unlicenced runway, I'm very happy to ask Redhill to do similar, if you can tell me what it is.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search