Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Upload Flight plan & Traffic to Aera 660

Author
c
Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi guys,

I read through the old posts from 2019. I am currently using a Garmin 495 in my RV12 to guide the autopilot which sucks... The airplane isn't the most expensive plane and we are therefore a bit cost sensitive when it comes to upgrades (some day that may change...). Anyways, we are therefore looking into replacing the 495 with the Aera 660 (760 doesn't fit in the center console). Generally, the system allows for inflight adjustment of the route and autopilot GPS navigation (in contrast to the current system...). However, I am wondering if there is a chance to connect Skydemon to the Aera 660 to upload flight plans (either bluetooth or wifi). It seems to be possible with foreflight. Does an additional hardware piece potentially do the job?

Additionally, I am using Stratux linked to Skydemon which works fine most of the time. I would love to pass the traffic information on to the Aera 660. Or even better, the weather. Any idea how this could be realized?

BR
Constantin

WiltshireMike
W
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
Me too!

I'm swapping a GPS296 for an Aera660 and it would be great if SD could send the route direct via Bluetooth from my Nexus7 to the 660 without paying ~£80 for a basic GarminPilot subscription to export from SD to GP then via Connext to the 660 (Nexus is using its WiFi connection to talk to SkyEcho).

Even greater if an in-flight change to SD route could be auto-synchronised to the 660 using its automatic  incoming flight plan option. 

Tim, has anything moved on since 2019?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
Garmin are still unwilling to allow us to transfer such information directly to their products.
wacits
wacits
Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/24/2022 11:39:12 AM
Garmin are still unwilling to allow us to transfer such information directly to their products.

Tom

Any change from Garmin?
I note that foreflight has been able to transfer routes both ways using the connext for some time.

Thanks for creating the share route to direct to Garmin pilot. This works a treat and I can then send route to the Aera 660 from Garmin pilot at a button push. However that's another £100 annual subscription for Garmin Pilot. ( I did it for a year to test, but decided it was not worth having 2 nav system. I am keeping to SD)

ta

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
The situation is identical to before - Garmin are unwilling to allow this connectivity to any vendor other than Foreflight.
wacits
wacits
Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)
Thanks for the update Tim
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search