Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

X-Plane 11 not connecting to mobile Sky Demon

Author
t
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello. 
My mobile SkyDemon does not connect to X-plane 11, all settings are set, but everything is connected on the PC version.
I assume this is due to the different networks on the devices. My phone is connected to Wifi and PC to LAN to one router.
I cannot connect my PC to the wifi. What should I do?

taylorka
t
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
The solution to the problem is to disconnect other networks from the PC
Please close the topic
taylorka
t
the solution to the problem is to disconnect other networks from the PC
Please close the topic
Luis Fernández
Luis Fernández
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Hi...
I have SD running on my iPad connected to the WIFI, and the MSFS running on my PC connected to the cable.
Everything works like a charm.
Of course I need a small piece of software (Fsx2Skydemon) in order to work. I don't know if for X-Plane is the same...
Regards.
Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
Here, Skydemon with XPlane11 worked out of the box and very reliable.
olivier_RD
o
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Hello gents,

Apologies to bring an old topic back but although it seems pretty straightforward to use Skydemon with X-plane, I can't make it work

XP 11 on computer connected to the home cable network
broadcast enabled in the network config options

Skydemon on IPAD, connected on home wifi
X-plane is declared in the third party apps and when I start navigating I use X-plane

But I get this:

I tried with my phone, same result
I tried with another computer which is a laptop connected to the same Wifi as the IPAD, but the result is exactly the same

Are there any ports needed to be set for the data to pass through the network? 
How can I check that the IPAD and the computer are indeed on the same network and that data can be shared? 

Many thanks for any advice you guys might have
Happy flying
Olivier

Boeingboy
Boeingboy
Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)
Whilst X-Plane 11 should work unnasisted with SkyDemon (MSFS/FS9 require intermediate programs) you do need to ensure that your network settings are correctly configured. They do not come set as default when installing the X-Plane. 

Make sure both SkyDemon and X-Plane are on the same network and then open X-Plane settings and ensure you have the same as the image below:

olivier_RD
o
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Thanks

The issue was indeed simply the Ipad and the computer weren't ont he same network.
Wifi Ipad was on a different subnet than my wired computer due to my daughter installing an extra router upstairs without me knowing.
The funny thing was that one stair below my office the Ipad was connected to Skydemon but in my office the Ipad connected to the closest router (which incidentally had the same SSID and password, making it invisible)
Though one to troubleshoot - and all my fault - but all is now working perfectly.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search