Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Screen control from within Sky Demon

Author
P
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Would it be possible to callup the screen contols from within SkyDemon to allow adjustment of brightness and perhaps screen recording?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
PeterMundy - 11/29/2021 1:27:22 PM
Would it be possible to callup the screen contols from within SkyDemon to allow adjustment of brightness and perhaps screen recording?

On iDevices it’s doable as standard by using the Control Centre, accessed by swiping down from the top right hand corner of the screen. 

If Screen Recording isn’t there, you can add it from the device Settings. 

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
I can access all my settings within SD on my Android devices by swiping down from the top edge of the screen.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Hi Peter, you didn't mention what kind of device you're using, but as others have said with both iOS and Android devices these days it ought to be possible to pull down the screen controls from within any app.
PeterMundy
P
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/30/2021 10:04:43 AM
Hi Peter, you didn't mention what kind of device you're using, but as others have said with both iOS and Android devices these days it ought to be possible to pull down the screen controls from within any app.

Hi Tim

principally an iPad mini - On the latest release of FF from the FF settings button you can control the screen brightness rather than calling up the control center, making the adjustment and then going back to the nav app. One of the very few redeeming features of FF.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Isn't it the same number of touches to pull down the control centre, adjust the brightness then dismiss it? Three touches either way?
KimW
K
Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/30/2021 4:40:00 PM
Isn't it the same number of touches to pull down the control centre, adjust the brightness then dismiss it? Three touches either way?

For what it is worth I'm with Tim on this one. I could easy list 10 other improvements I would prefer the team to focus on. I use Android and it's 3 clicks as well, or more accurately a swipe down, adjust brightness and click back to app.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search