Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

When does it fail to record?

Author
m
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All,

I have noticed a few times when SD fails to record a flight. Today flying on a 2.8 hours training flight both my Instructors and my SD simply didn't show any track when we landed, despite the flight timers running, and the aircraft showing in the correct position on the airfield.
My instructor also said he saw the line being created on his device during flight - he had it out, mine was in a door pocket, but when both stopped nothing was recorded on either device.

under what circumstances does SD NOT record? Both running Iphones on the latest ios. do we have any debugging or logs we could check?

Wayne

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Only if we are prevented from writing to the log file by the operating system, typically because of lack of available space for writing.
micromouse
m
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/18/2021 10:24:06 AM
Only if we are prevented from writing to the log file by the operating system, typically because of lack of available space for writing.

interesting. several G free... any way of flagging it to the user at the time?

Wayne 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Yes, though the point it fails will usually be the point of takeoff, which isn't a good time to start showing message boxes. Have you perhaps tried to log a flight since, for example by taking SkyDemon in the car?
micromouse
m
Tim Dawson - 11/19/2021 10:31:32 AM
Yes, though the point it fails will usually be the point of takeoff, which isn't a good time to start showing message boxes. Have you perhaps tried to log a flight since, for example by taking SkyDemon in the car?

Several times, and most of the time it seems to work. I initially thought it was due to the fact I was engine on/off blocks and then going off to fuel, being on the ground for a while before taking off, but the last flight my instructor saw the track in flight, then when we landed he had no track, for me when i checked it on the ground....no track. no GPS warning, but I wasn't monitoring it during the flight, just using it to record.

A couple of times I have seen tracks on landing then when I upload to the cloud nothing appears.

Wayne

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
It's difficult to say, if you weren't monitoring it in flight, perhaps your GPS signal wasn't sufficient for SkyDemon to actually be tracking your position?
Bealeyman
Bealeyman
Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)Too Much Forum (518 reputation)
Why should it fail at the point of take off ?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
That's when we start logging, if you haven't started logging manually.
micromouse
m
Tim Dawson - 11/22/2021 10:27:48 AM
It's difficult to say, if you weren't monitoring it in flight, perhaps your GPS signal wasn't sufficient for SkyDemon to actually be tracking your position?

It was more a case of landing, seeing it had tracked (blue line), then hitting stop navigation and not having anything to upload. I'm now using a Sky Echo and it hasn't repeated for a while so I'm happy.

Wayne

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search