Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Find Landing Field Airfield

Author
J
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
For your consideration as an enhancement:  when creating a new route would it be possible to have some enhanced search capability when at the "Find Landing Airfield" page?

A sample use case would be, "it's a clear winters day but after several days of heavy rain I'd prefer to stick to a hard runway at my destination and given I'm already in the bad books at home and I don't have an all-day pass I'd like to keep to something within an hour's flight each way (or 75mn).  Somewhere with AVGAS and food too.  Search".

The existing "Fly within x nm" feature is great as is the "Recent Destinations" but this advanced search would be really useful and avoid the need to click through individual airfield plates or revisit the same places I always go to that are committed to personal memory.

Just a thought....

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
Have you tried the Find a Destination feature? It's not exactly what you suggested but it's designed to solve roughly the same problem.
JJM
J
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/26/2021 8:44:11 AM
Have you tried the Find a Destination feature? It's not exactly what you suggested but it's designed to solve roughly the same problem.

Thanks Tim.  Took me a while to find that - is it a PC / desktop feature only?  A small inconvenience to use the laptop versus the FlyPad but on the first play with it, I do agree it fills 90% of the brief.  Will give it a go moving forwards...much appreciated! 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
No, it's in all our software. There's a big button in Virtual Radar if you don't have a route planned, and if you do, it's accessible via the Airfields tab.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search