Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Pilot logbook - cross-country time calculation / total time

Author
B
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Am finding the the pilot logbook a very useful addition to SD.  Thank you. 

I was wondering about some additional calculations from the existing data into the summary:
1. Cross-country. So where a flight is between two different locations rather than returning to same. There are XC requirements for some licences/ratings. eg PPL  and CPL. This is not currently summarised.
2. Total flight time across all ratings.  Currently, totals are given for SEP, microlight etc but not all added for PIC and dual respectively.

Others may have ideas of useful summary outputs.

Thanks! 

BJS
B
Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)
BenC - 10/13/2021 3:19:58 PM
Am finding the the pilot logbook a very useful addition to SD.  Thank you. 

I was wondering about some additional calculations from the existing data into the summary:
1. Cross-country. So where a flight is between two different locations rather than returning to same. There are XC requirements for some licences/ratings. eg PPL  and CPL. This is not currently summarised.
2. Total flight time across all ratings.  Currently, totals are given for SEP, microlight etc but not all added for PIC and dual respectively.

Others may have ideas of useful summary outputs.

Thanks! 

I doubt it is that easy. I am logging for different regulation authorities and licenses in parallel and do not see an easy way to establish what you suggest.

In detail, cross-country is not commonly defined = i.e. the FAA under 14 CFR 61.1(b)(3)(ii) requires a point A to B flight to qualify as 'cross-country' only if the straight line distance is more than 50 nm for PPL-CPL-IR, but only 25 nm according 14 CFR 61.1(b)(3)(v) if a rotorcraft or instrument helicopter is used unless you are a military pilot in which case the 50 nm are required, or 15 nm for powered parachutes where the FAA does not distinguish between parachutes without registration and the one on register - in contrast to EASA, where a registered parachutes counts as microlight. Just from these examples - how do you think Skydemon shall implement these functions while keeping its worldwide coverage and most important, what are you willing to pay for that functionality as I guess this would require serious effort to program and maintain?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You have a few custom columns you can use, so some people set them up to record aerobatics hours etc. You could certainly use one of them to record cross-country. Was your idea to have SkyDemon do something automatic for you, though?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search