Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

AIR Connect Connection Issue

Author
H
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good morning,

I have an AIR Connect, connected to a PowerFLARM unit. I connect my iPad/iPhone to the AIR Connect and run SkyDemon using the GPS data / traffic information from PowerFLARM via AIR Connect. However, I randomly suffer with disconnection. I raised this issue with Air Avionics and their response is below:

'we are aware of the problem, but unfortunately the problem is not with the Air connect but with the app.
the connection of the wifi remains intact even during the termination.
so the fault should not be with the flarm or air connect.
Unfortunately, Skydemon has never been able to solve this problem.
we were in contact with sky demon for a long time, sent demo units but there was no satisfactory solution for us.
In the end, we removed Skydemon from the compatibility list.'

Has anyone managed to solve this issue, please?

Many thanks,

JH

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We're aware some people have had problems keeping their Air Connect connected to their iPad. Although we tried hard, we could never reproduce the problem here at SkyDemon HQ so weren't able to see what was going wrong. We've only seen this problem exhibited with the Air Connect device, though; all the other FLARM connectors do not seem to have the problem. Furthermore, the latest AT-1 product from Air Avionics doesn't seem to have the problem, so I think they have managed to fix it now.

Obviously, we do not agree with their assertion that it's a SkyDemon problem, as we don't see it with the many other devices people use with SkyDemon via the same protocol.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search