Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Map ruler

Author
j
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

When I use the map ruler I can see the information regarding the speed and the used fuel but when I take another power setting created for this aircraft (speed and fuel), these information remain the same. It seems, it takes only the first power setting of the aircraft, is that right or is there a mean to change the setting of the map ruler? 

I saw when I change the aircraft, the information regarding the speed and the used fuel change as the power setting (speed and fuel) is different from the previous aircraft but again, when I take another the power setting, these information remain the same. The only alternative is to create a new aircraft with the power setting I want to use with the map ruler.

Thank you for your help.

Julien

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
You're right that we use the "default" (normally the first) cruise profile for the selected aircraft to calculate the fuel consumption, and the speed if you're not already flying. There isn't a way to configure this. The map rules is primarily designed as a quick way to get the distance and conditions between two points, with flying conditions a bonus on top of this.
julien
j
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/29/2021 10:09:33 AM
You're right that we use the "default" (normally the first) cruise profile for the selected aircraft to calculate the fuel consumption, and the speed if you're not already flying. There isn't a way to configure this. The map rules is primarily designed as a quick way to get the distance and conditions between two points, with flying conditions a bonus on top of this.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Julien

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search