Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Unzooming from being zoomed in via a notam

Author
michaelbinary
Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
Is there a way un unzoom the chart after having been zoomed in when clicking on a notam "view on map", it is so annoying to have to re zoom in and move the chart back to its original location.
If it already exists, how do i do it please.

Michael

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
michaelbinary - 9/24/2021 1:22:43 PM
Hi,
Is there a way un unzoom the chart after having been zoomed in when clicking on a notam "view on map", it is so annoying to have to re zoom in and move the chart back to its original location.

Michael

Press and hold (long press) on either zoom button and the chart will revert to your default zoom setting. In flight, the chart will move back to the aircraft's location after a set period of time, or you can tap on the yellow arrow to do so immediately. There is a countdown (in seconds) superimposed on the yellow arrow to moving back to the aircraft's location. Hope that helps.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

michaelbinary
michaelbinary
Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)
Sky Painter - 9/24/2021 2:08:56 PM
Hi,

Michael

Press and hold (long press) on either zoom button and the chart will revert to your default zoom setting. In flight, the chart will move back to the aircraft's location after a set period of time, or you can tap on the yellow arrow to do so immediately. There is a countdown (in seconds) superimposed on the yellow arrow to moving back to the aircraft's location. Hope that helps.
Hi,
Thanks for the response.
However I am looking at Notam's during planning, lets say a RAT is there. You click on "View on Map", and the map moves away from where you were and centres the location of the Notam and may change the zoom setting of the map.
Now I cant see any way of getting the map back to what you were looking at and at the previous zoom setting.
The extreme example of this is when a notam is UK wide, the whole map zooms out to fit the uk on screen and draws a circle around it, great, but I want it to go back to where I was and not have to do it manually.
Michael

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
michaelbinary - 10/8/2021 2:30:22 PM
Hi,

Michael

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
However I am looking at Notam's during planning, lets say a RAT is there. You click on "View on Map", and the map moves away from where you were and centres the location of the Notam and may change the zoom setting of the map.
Now I cant see any way of getting the map back to what you were looking at and at the previous zoom setting.
The extreme example of this is when a notam is UK wide, the whole map zooms out to fit the uk on screen and draws a circle around it, great, but I want it to go back to where I was and not have to do it manually.
Michael

You could always click/tap the Home button which will re-centre the chart on your home airfield and reset the zoom level to your default and then go from there, but, yes your right—in planning mode, there is no way to return to where you were previously on the chart.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

michaelbinary
michaelbinary
Sky Painter - 10/8/2021 8:18:00 PM
michaelbinary - 10/8/2021 2:30:22 PM
Hi,

Michael

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
Michael

You could always click/tap the Home button which will re-centre the chart on your home airfield and reset the zoom level to your default and then go from there, but, yes your right—in planning mode, there is no way to return to where you were previously on the chart.

Thanks, but I just want the bloody map to go back to where it was before I looked at the notam. It isn't rocket science to be able to make this happen, just remember he map centre coords and zoom level, and tap somewhere and have the map revert back to where you were before you looked at the notam. Come on Tim, this is trivial to do and makes looking at notams so much more usable.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I'm not sure it's quite the problem you think it is, Michael. The point of this forum is that if people make a suggestion, others can weigh in and vote on it if it's also an issue for them. Outside of the forum we haven't heard of this being a problem. It's more common to simply go through one's NOTAM brief viewing them all in turn, then using any of the map controls to go "back" to wherever you want.
michaelbinary
michaelbinary
Tim Dawson - 12/13/2021 10:01:11 AM
I'm not sure it's quite the problem you think it is, Michael. The point of this forum is that if people make a suggestion, others can weigh in and vote on it if it's also an issue for them. Outside of the forum we haven't heard of this being a problem. It's more common to simply go through one's NOTAM brief viewing them all in turn, then using any of the map controls to go "back" to wherever you want.

Hi Tim.
Fair point but its annoying to me.
I click on the "view on map", the chart moves somewhere else and either zooms in or zooms out to the whole country or world.
Whether I look at 1 notam or many, I then have to reposition the chart back to where I was and at the zoom level I have which generally shows me my route.
If it zooms out to the whole country, my route is just a splodge. (that's a technical graphics term :-).)
It would be nice just to go back to where I was.
Like click view on map a second time, or ESC, or something.
Regards

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
How about a quick double tap on the virtual radar, which will zoom you in to looking at your route whenever you tap it?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search