Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

GPS health status

Author
b
Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

My last 2 flights SkyDemon failed to recognize my landing. After sharing my logs with support, I was told that the GPS signal was probably unreliable and there's nothing that SkyDemon can do. Well, I went on the Play Store and found dozens of apps that can check how many satellites the device is currently "seeing" and how accurate the position is.

So the feature request is - would SkyDemon be able to have a kind of a "page", like the Garmin GPS', to check how many satellites are currently being used and how strong the signal is? Or maybe just as a smaller feature, a warning message when the signal is unreliable/inaccurate? It was very inconvenient not to have the landing time logged automatically... I had to check with the tower to get my times.

Thank you,
Bruno

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
What sort of device are you using?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search