Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Sharing waypoint folders to other users

Author
r
Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Given that my folders of waypoints (which are actually mostly points of interest) are stored in the skydemon cloud would it be difficult to allow users to share them to other users and let them sync to their cloud?  I know I can export from PC version to a gpx file and send that file for the other person to reimport but that requires them to have pc access and it loses the symbol. I'm getting a few requests for various of my waypoint folders from people that see them.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
You can just send them by email, directly from SkyDemon for iOS or Android. Then the recipient can easily import them using the same apps.
russellp
r
Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/29/2021 8:57:57 AM
You can just send them by email, directly from SkyDemon for iOS or Android. Then the recipient can easily import them using the same apps.

where do you import a folder of waypoints in the iOS app? I can see it on the desktop but cant see it in the app. TIA and congrats on the award Smile 

EDIT - found it .. RTFM... sorry! For others searching it's push from files / email app and not pull from within SkyDemon. That one gets me every time with iOS !!

Edited 4/29/2021 6:08:30 PM by russellp
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search