Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flightplan: “Type of flight” choice (G vs X)

Author
Dema
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In the flightplan, in field 8 (Type of flight), it would be great to have the possibility to select between G (default for General aviation) and X.

X is often used from many of us when you have a Training Flight, a school flight, an exam flight.
In many airports this info let you pay less for the landing fees.
If we will have the opportunity to specify X, than we can indicate manually in field 17 (for example): RMK/TRAINING FLIGHT in combination with X in type of flight.

Thanks for evaluating it. 👍😏
Ciao
Andrea
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
X as type of flight sometimes causes trouble, so which country are you referring to?

The flight plan has nothing to do with landing fees, you have to look up the AIP for the necessary conditions of the airfield in question. Some demand a phone call in advance, some min 24h or even 48h notice, others max 2h, some accept only training approaches after permission granted by email, some will send you an ID number you have to pass at initial call or you'll be rejected - all nothing to do with flight plans.

Btw, I usually file from the Plan version and there are the options, did not check the mobile solutions though.

KiloJuliett
K
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
I can confirm that some airports require "X" as flight type for training lessons. It is the case for my homebase LSZH (Zurich). Also, I'm required to file a flight plan for any flight to/from LSZH. But I currently cannot comply with the requirements for a training flight when using the Android App. I would therefore much appreciate if the flight type option can also be made available there.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search