Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon and Avidyne IFDs

Author
hucbr600
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just seen a post about SkyDemon being able to connect to Avidyne IFDs and transfer flight plans, but I can't see any instructions on how to do this.

I have a IFD 440 with several flight plans already entered, if I connect SkyDemon will SkyDemon flight plans over-right my IFD plans or visa versa?

Also, how is SkyDemon connected to the IFD; is it through the IFD's WiFi, which I have enabled, but not all IFD's have the wifi option?

Also, I have TCAS interfaced with my IFD that shows traffic etc. on the screen.  As the IFD also broadcasts this information on its wifi signal, with SkyDemon show the traffic also ; aka PilotAware?

I can't see any 'POH' update on the main SkyDemon web pages - have I missed something?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
This version was only released earlier this week, you'll likely have to wait a few more days for an update to the user manual.

SkyDemon doesn't overwrite anything on your IFR, it just adds a flightplan to your list for loading/activation. The IFD is available for selection under Setup -> Third Party Devices and you connect to it as a GPS source. Once connected there is an option in the main navigation menu to send your flightplan across.

The IFD doesn't broadcast traffic in the same way as it broadcasts GPS, so at the moment traffic is not included in the IFD connectivity.

hucbr600
hucbr600
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/23/2020 8:39:16 AM
This version was only released earlier this week, you'll likely have to wait a few more days for an update to the user manual.

SkyDemon doesn't overwrite anything on your IFR, it just adds a flightplan to your list for loading/activation. The IFD is available for selection under Setup -> Third Party Devices and you connect to it as a GPS source. Once connected there is an option in the main navigation menu to send your flightplan across.

The IFD doesn't broadcast traffic in the same way as it broadcasts GPS, so at the moment traffic is not included in the IFD connectivity.

Thanks Tim for the prompt reply.

Great to see SkyDemon continuing to grow... perhaps IFD TCAS Traffic may be a gift for Christmas :-)

Hugh

hucbr600
hucbr600
hucbr600 - 9/23/2020 9:35:45 AM
Tim Dawson - 9/23/2020 8:39:16 AM

Thanks Tim for the prompt reply.

Great to see SkyDemon continuing to grow... perhaps IFD TCAS Traffic may be a gift for Christmas :-)

Hugh

Found a You-Tube video on how to connect SkyDemon to the IFD, so checked it out today in my 114B.
It worked like a dream - great stuff!
Can't wait for the traffic from IFD now :-) 

Hugh

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search