Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

ios 14 issues

Author
T
Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)Too Much Forum (93 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Thanks for this answer from rg :-)

My forum posts are being detected as spam so here is what I just tried to post

Upgrading my iPhone to iOS14 found it wouldn't connect to my Stratux. Just hung on waiting for device. The security prompt about network devices never appears.

Hannah at the SD team confirmed it seems to be an iPhone issue and gave me the work.
- change the Stratux IP to 192.168.1.1
- connect SD using Flarm with Air Connect and key 6000
- accept the security prompt.

After this I changed the Stratux IP back to its default and SD connects normally as a GDL compatible device.
iPad with iOS14 just works and didn't need this process.
Gaznel
G
Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)
My iPhone is still stubbornly refusing to run SD with PilotAware since the iPhone upgraded to IOS 14.0, even with the SD iPhone upgrade to 3.14.3.258 😭.

iPad (still on old IOS13.7) continues to work fine

Gary

iPad mini 5 IOS13.7
IPhone 11 IOS14.0
PAW classic Version 20200909
SD on iPad Version 3.14.2.254
SD on iPhone Version 3.14.3.258
Edited 9/23/2020 11:06:59 PM by Gaznel
John Barlow
J
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Tom1969 - 9/23/2020 6:51:55 PM
Hello, I also have the Problem to connect to stratux. The stratux overview Page is loading and running, but I don‘t get the connection in SD. Inhaber installed the last update of SD and IOS14 with an iPad mini 4

After others reported success I have just tried again and my iPhone 8 running iOS 14 will still not connect Sky Demon to Pilot Aware.
The phone connects ok to Pilot Aware (192.168.1.1.) but Sky Demon just "hangs" on "Connecting to Device".
My iPad mini 4 running iOS 13.7 connects no problem.
Issue is with iPhone 8 running iOS 14, Sky Demon 3.14.3.258 and Pilot Aware 20200906.
Any ideas? (I have tried turning off Private Address, connecting via Flarm TCP and "Forget this Netwok" and reconnect with no success). 

Gaznel
G
Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)
Tom

IOS14.0 certainly seems to be the gremlin causing the conflict to not allow PAW to connect to SD as like you while my iPhone is on 14.0, my iPad is still on IOS 13.7 and connects fine

Gary

Peter Robertson
Peter Robertson
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Just received new SD Beta 3.14.3.259 for testing via Apple TestFlight. Quote: ‘Some iOS 14 reliability improvements are being tested, particularly for the SkyEcho device.’

Unable to test on an iPhone or SkyEcho as I don’t have either, but just loaded and tested it on my iPad Mini 5 , running iPadOS 14, connected to PilotAware Rosetta (latest PAW 20200906 Public Release software). Pad connected to Rosetta WiFi as expected. All PAW screens including PAW Radar and Metars working as expected. Selected ‘GoFlying - Use PilotAware’, SD briefly displayed the ‘Connecting to Device’ banner - for a fraction of a second, then went straight to normal display.

Will await feedback from iPhone and SkyEcho users with interest.

Regards

Peter
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
iOS 14 prevents local network connectivity by default but prompts the user (if the app supports it) before allowing it. The trouble is, the prompt only appears when the app makes an outgoing connection (such as with the Flarm protocol). Protocols that are purely listen, such as PilotAware and GDL90, do not trigger the prompt so SkyDemon never receives the traffic.

We've found a temporary workaround to this that we're going to deploy over the weekend, and withdraw once the iOS 14 bug is fixed.

shgibson
s
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
My Iphone 6S after IOS14.01 and SD 13.14.3.258 would still stick on "connecting device"  but if I  first connected using skydemon looking for third party device "Flarm with  airconnect" it would connect and then reconnect even if I "stopped navigating" clicked on "Fly" then  changed skydemon  to simply looking for "pilotaware". The clues were already here in the forum, thank you folks, but until all the fixes are up and sorted  my post may perhaps further spell out the temporary workaround . Steve G
John Barlow
J
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Both iPhone 8 and iPad mini 4 running iOS 14.0.1 and Sky Demon 3.14.4.260  connecting to Pilot Aware (Via UDP) with no problems at all.
Thanks very much for quick fix caused (I understand) by Apple!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search