Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Departure time for flight plan filing

Author
t
Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi folks,

I find it very usefull that there is a validation that the departure time is checked against the minimum period a flightplan shall be files in advance. But I think this validation shall be able to be overwritten. There are case either ATC does not stick to the minimum advance period or even requests a flightplan with a departure time of let‘s say 10 minutes from now.
In the very same context it should also be possible to amend the departure time not only to a delay but also to an earlier departure time.

These two suggestion are based on the needs of a today‘s flight from Innsbruck to Venice and back (btw: very nice trip).

What do you think?

Best Talisa

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
AFAIK, the validation for minimum advance period prior to flight is negotiated between the company doing the filing on your behalf and Eurocontrol (independent of the usual settings 60/30/OR). I don't know the details of the Skydemon deal, but from two others I know they agreed to do a manual pre-check before filing, to prevent app users trials flooding the system (one even issues now 'trusted filer' badges after some certification of the user). I am confident the Skydemon staff will add their details to this request.

The second request I fear is not possible as to my knowledge the Eurocontrol system only know positive time shifts for flight plans. I haven't tried lately, but when trying to shift departure earlier a minus time shift resulted in a positive delay. I guess this is still the case and earlier departure always needs a new flightplan, because there is only delay.

Edited 8/16/2020 7:23:41 AM by pilot-byom
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
VFR flightplans have nothing to do with Eurocontrol.

Having said that, we have made agreements with various countries that we will not allow filing of flightplans less in advance than specific agreed times. These restrictions have been brought in specifically because of problems arising when previously we allowed such filing.

tgebhard
t
Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/17/2020 9:33:15 AM
VFR flightplans have nothing to do with Eurocontrol.

Having said that, we have made agreements with various countries that we will not allow filing of flightplans less in advance than specific agreed times. These restrictions have been brought in specifically because of problems arising when previously we allowed such filing.

Hi Tim,
understood - thx. Is there a list per country available mentioning the minimum advance filing time? 
Thx
Talisa

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
What is the error that you are currently seeing when you try to file close to takeoff?
tgebhard
t
Tim Dawson - 8/17/2020 11:00:54 AM
What is the error that you are currently seeing when you try to file close to takeoff?

I tried it on Saturday in Austria and again on my return flight from Venice in Italy (everytime connected via 4G from my iPad being present in the country of origin - don't know if this has impact). I do not remember the the exact phrasing but when entering a departure time it does not allowed me to proceed, and the message was something like this "departure time to close ahead". 
When trying to file in Venice I was at the waterbus heading to the lido island at 5:01pm and I tryed to file a departure time 6pm (repective 4pmZ) and got rejected. The earliest time allowed to be filed was 4:15pmZ. I tryed to reproduce this today and surprisingly it let me file everything later than 5min in advance (Today my iPad is connected via WLAN to my German DSL line). Very strange.  

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We cannot commit to any particular length of time for any particular country because this can change for operational reasons at any time. However in general, we let you file as long as it's at least 5 minutes before departure.

I recall that in Germany they are very strict about flights leaving there, and we do enforce 1 hour in advance.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search