Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Important user content (PDF)

Author
macht_rebel
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Tim,

I would like to see a functionality where I, as a pilot, could save important documents of my own in Skydemon beforehand and call them up on demand during the flight.

I do not mean to turn Skydemon into a PDF reader. I mean to open important documents (emergency checklists from the aircraft POH) from the flight mode with one button. Your Scratch Pad is a good example and very innovative.

Sure, as a pilot you should be able to access it at any time. But the manual in paper is usually in the baggage compartment and in an emergency situation I don't think it makes sense to browse in the Dropbox.

Just think about it ... thanks!

Many greetings
Marc

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
macht_rebel - 8/15/2020 7:29:06 AM
Dear Tim,

I would like to see a functionality where I, as a pilot, could save important documents of my own in Skydemon beforehand and call them up on demand during the flight.

I do not mean to turn Skydemon into a PDF reader. I mean to open important documents (emergency checklists from the aircraft POH) from the flight mode with one button. Your Scratch Pad is a good example and very innovative.

Sure, as a pilot you should be able to access it at any time. But the manual in paper is usually in the baggage compartment and in an emergency situation I don't think it makes sense to browse in the Dropbox.

Many greetings
Marc

You can do this already - it's all described in the User Manual!

You can also 'attach' the document to a specific airfield by prefixing the document name with the airfield ICAO identifier followed by an unders
core.

macht_rebel
macht_rebel
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
grahamb - 8/15/2020 10:25:27 AM
macht_rebel - 8/15/2020 7:29:06 AM
Dear Tim,

Many greetings
Marc

You can do this already - it's all described in the User Manual!

You can also 'attach' the document to a specific airfield by prefixing the document name with the airfield ICAO identifier followed by an unders
core.

Thank you @grahamb
For me it was somehow misleading under „airfield data“ and the function itself could be a bit more smart and working with the cloud to sync the data with e.g. back-up device.

checklist
c
Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)
I would also like user-PDFs to be stored in the cloud and synced :-)
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
checklist - 8/17/2020 11:57:00 AM

How much would you be open to pay for all the storage space needed?
Yes, other solutions offer that, but at much higher price tag.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
SkyDemon is not a PDF storage service. We do not intend to open up our cloud storage to items other than user-created aeronautical data.
checklist
c
Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)
pilot-byom - 8/17/2020 12:16:21 PM

Yes, you are right. I had not considered that.
But is there any way I can save my own PDFs stored on the device, e.g. before reinstalling Skydemon or iOS or when changing the device?
Are they included in the iOS backup?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
They should be included in a backup, yes.
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
checklist - 8/17/2020 6:46:44 PM
pilot-byom - 8/17/2020 12:16:21 PM

Yes, you are right. I had not considered that.
But is there any way I can save my own PDFs stored on the device, e.g. before reinstalling Skydemon or iOS or when changing the device?
Are they included in the iOS backup?

AFAIK it depends on how you do the backup - by connecting to a computer the documents should be there, but when using the iCloud backup I guess not.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search