Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Spoken warnings and alerts

Author
dave_kent
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm running SD on a Samsung S2 tablet with PAW attached.  I've configured the alerts and warnings to come from the tablet through a bluetooth earpiece that I wear under my headset.  

The SD "Sounds for Warnings" was a bit distracting, so I turned it off in favour of speech only, however in this configuration I am only getting the second half of the spoken message.  For example, with a terrain warning I only get spoken "se Ahead" instead of "Terrain Close Ahead".  With the Sounds turned on as well, it seems to be OK and I get the full message.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Dave

TimT
TimT
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
dave_kent - 8/14/2020 12:53:58 PM
I'm running SD on a Samsung S2 tablet with PAW attached.  I've configured the alerts and warnings to come from the tablet through a bluetooth earpiece that I wear under my headset.  

The SD "Sounds for Warnings" was a bit distracting, so I turned it off in favour of speech only, however in this configuration I am only getting the second half of the spoken message.  For example, with a terrain warning I only get spoken "se Ahead" instead of "Terrain Close Ahead".  With the Sounds turned on as well, it seems to be OK and I get the full message.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Dave

I agree that when you use spoken traffic and airspace alerts, you want to switch off "sounds for warnings". 

Seems like your BlueTooth connection always needs a second to wake up ;-)  Normally, this is not a problem. I am using a current Bose A20 headset with BlueTooth, and always get the full message.

Alternatively, you could try to transmit  from your tablet to a BlueTooth enable audio panel, and then mix it into your wired headset feed. This saves you the money of buying a new headset. If your audio panel is not BlueTooth enabled in itself, you should find a low-cost generic BlueTooth receiver that you then connect to the Aux input of your panel.

The idea in both solutions offered is to use a different BlueTooth receiver. The wake-up delay could be a battery-saving feature of your current BlueTooth earpiece. And chances are that another BlueTooth receiver, in particular if externally powered via ship power or by a power bank, will perform better.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search