Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Swedish gliding/soaring areas

Author
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The Swedish Gliding Federation publishes gliding/soaring air-spaces:
Some areas exist as Restricted areas or some controlled air-space and are displayed already, but some are completely freestanding. Area controllers (in the south at least) diligently warn motor pilots when these air-spaces are in use, but it's difficult to avoid something you can't see.

Any chance you could read the file and show these in SD?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
We cannot accept files such as the ones on that page, that include disclaimers absolving the authors of any accuracy requirements.

It is a curious state of affairs if there are official areas for soaring that are not published in AIP Sweden. We would be happy to follow up on this by contacting the relevant people directly, do you have such a contact in the Swedish Gliding Federation?

ArnaudC
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/17/2020 9:25:12 AM
We cannot accept files such as the ones on that page, that include disclaimers absolving the authors of any accuracy requirements.

It is a curious state of affairs if there are official areas for soaring that are not published in AIP Sweden. We would be happy to follow up on this by contacting the relevant people directly, do you have such a contact in the Swedish Gliding Federation?

I agree it should be in the AIP i ENR 2. This has been bugging me for a while, so I submitted a request to them today. Let's see what happens there.
I don't know anyone at the federation, but from what I understand either one these guys are involved in the airspace questions.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Thank you. The best way (as you say) will be able to get the areas officially published, then we can incorporate and maintain them to a good standard. If your enquiry is not successful we will need to revisit this.
ArnaudC
A
Status update: acc to LFV, who publishes the Swedish AIP, soaring areas should be published in the AIP in ENR 5.5. It is the Transportation Agency who "owns" this chapter, so I have resent my request to them (and LFV is investigating on their side too). We'll see if/what they answer. The main drawback is that ENR 5.5 is probably not automatically parseable as it looks currently.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
That is good progress, thank you for updating us.
Alexander Arvidsson
A
Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)
Has there been any progress on this?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search