Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Traffic warning does not disappear

Author
M
Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
sometimes when I have landed on our airfield the black traffic warnings (p. e. 3 o'clock 0 nm level) from a glider do not disappear and seems to be frozen.
Even the voice is still appearing....until I close SD. 
Thanks

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
Could you post a screenshot? Are you sure you've switched out of navigation mode?
Maverix
M
Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/28/2020 9:51:58 AM
Could you post a screenshot? Are you sure you've switched out of navigation mode?

I will take a screenshot the next time.
Yes, I went back to planning mode and the black traffic window still has not disappeared and I could still hear the warning.

Maverix
M
Maverix - 7/28/2020 12:51:16 PM

Yes, I went back to planning mode and the black traffic window still has not disappeared and I could still hear the warning.

Here you can see an old traffic warning which does not disappear.
Actually there is no traffic behind at 4 o'clock.

George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
Maverix - 7/29/2020 1:43:55 PM

Is it possible that there is a PilotAware ground station on the airfield. I used to encounter this problem, but solved it by configuring PAW to ignore Ground Stations.

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

Maverix
M
George Reid - 7/29/2020 1:53:32 PM
Maverix - 7/29/2020 1:43:55 PM

Is it possible that there is a PilotAware ground station on the airfield. I used to encounter this problem, but solved it by configuring PAW to ignore Ground Stations.

There is a OGN ground station in front of me but no PAW ground station.

The traffic warning appeared during landing when the waiting aircrafts where on my right hand side.

The problem is that the warning does not disappear nor change the direction of the target.

In the actual position it should say "Traffic before, 1 o'clock" or "Traffic behind, 7 o'clock".

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
Thanks, this has helped us to locate the problem and fix it for the next version.
Maverix
M
Tim Dawson - 7/30/2020 10:55:16 AM
Thanks, this has helped us to locate the problem and fix it for the next version.

Your welcome.

Kurt37
K
Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)
Maverix - 7/30/2020 2:25:30 PM

Your welcome.

Hi there,

If I may I would like to use this thread for a problem involving traffic not shown in SD when fed by a Pilotaware Rosetta and Flarmbat. 
Short Version: SD is not showing all the traffic that the feeding source pilotaware Rosetta is showing in their radar. 

Setup:
Newest SD on an iPad Mini 5 with newest iOS.
Flarmbat feeding Pilotaware Rosetta with Powerflarm data via 232 usb. Rosetta with ADSB/Mode S data and obviously WiFi connection. 

Traffic Settings of all devices areaare ok, bearingless targets in SD are on, Vertical difference: 50000ft. No voice messages. 
Problem: we were on a taxi way and another club aircraft was doing pattern work. Pilotaware Rosetta picked the aircraft all the time, sky demon only showed the AC when he was over the threshold, then hewhe disappeared again. He was Flarm traffic but could also have been adsb. 
Mode s bearingless targets worked fine. 
But during the flight there was a mismatch between the pilotaware radar screen (showing more traffic) than SD.

Is this problem known? What could be the cause?
Looking forward to here possible answers, since I would really like to use SD for traffic.

Kind Regards, 
Patrick

Kurt37
K
Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)
Kurt37 - 8/1/2020 7:18:16 PM
Maverix - 7/30/2020 2:25:30 PM

Your welcome.

Hi there,

If I may I would like to use this thread for a problem involving traffic not shown in SD when fed by a Pilotaware Rosetta and Flarmbat. 
Short Version: SD is not showing all the traffic that the feeding source pilotaware Rosetta is showing in their radar. 

Setup:
Newest SD on an iPad Mini 5 with newest iOS.
Flarmbat feeding Pilotaware Rosetta with Powerflarm data via 232 usb. Rosetta with ADSB/Mode S data and obviously WiFi connection. 

Traffic Settings of all devices areaare ok, bearingless targets in SD are on, Vertical difference: 50000ft. No voice messages. 
Problem: we were on a taxi way and another club aircraft was doing pattern work. Pilotaware Rosetta picked the aircraft all the time, sky demon only showed the AC when he was over the threshold, then hewhe disappeared again. He was Flarm traffic but could also have been adsb. 
Mode s bearingless targets worked fine. 
But during the flight there was a mismatch between the pilotaware radar screen (showing more traffic) than SD.

Is this problem known? What could be the cause?
Looking forward to here possible answers, since I would really like to use SD for traffic.

Kind Regards, 
Patrick

No one?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search