Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Connection with AIR Traffic AT-1

Author
M
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
Do You have experience with connecting of SkyDemon to AIR Traffic AT-1 for traffic avoidance? I tried to set several protocols via wifi (air connect etc.), but I always get only external GPS data to SkyDemon and I never see any traffic data during a flight. Which setting do You use for SkyDemon and for AT-1 exactly?
Thanks a lot.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
You might try contacting customer support with this one.
Peter Baier
Peter Baier
Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)
Martin Baumruk - 7/4/2020 7:48:27 AM
Hello,
Do You have experience with connecting of SkyDemon to AIR Traffic AT-1 for traffic avoidance? I tried to set several protocols via wifi (air connect etc.), but I always get only external GPS data to SkyDemon and I never see any traffic data during a flight. Which setting do You use for SkyDemon and for AT-1 exactly?
Thanks a lot.

Martin,

we had the same problem, SD support could not really answer the question but transferred us to AT support. Their answer was swift: Configure AT-1 on its config page to transmit on WIFI the GDL90 protocol (WIFI must be set to Permanently ON and the WIFI data output must also be set to ON), don't forget to safe your changes.
Then in SD, when in Flying Mode, select under Connectivity also the GDL90 interface and it should work now.

Happy landings
Peter

Martin Baumruk
M
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Peter Baier - 8/17/2020 4:37:06 PM
Martin Baumruk - 7/4/2020 7:48:27 AM
Hello,
Thanks a lot.

Martin,

we had the same problem, SD support could not really answer the question but transferred us to AT support. Their answer was swift: Configure AT-1 on its config page to transmit on WIFI the GDL90 protocol (WIFI must be set to Permanently ON and the WIFI data output must also be set to ON), don't forget to safe your changes.
Then in SD, when in Flying Mode, select under Connectivity also the GDL90 interface and it should work now.

Happy landings
Peter

Hello Peter, 
thank You for Your answer. Actually, I had managed to connect it later by the same way, as You decribed. The only problem is, that a) the wifi connection to AT-1 causes, that I loose my cell phone signal and I cannot get any call or use internet during the flight (weather etc.) and b) the use of AT-1 GPS is not stable. I loose my position for example for 20 seconds, which is quite incovinient. 

So although the connection is working now through GDL90 interface, I rather do not use it...
But thank You anyway. 
Martin

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I believe the product in question also supports using the Flarm protocol, have you tried switching to that?
jiaolong
j
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
Hi all

Thanks, I will try next time the GDL90 protocol. 
Will write a feedback here after I tested it for a while.

Stay healthy!
Alain

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search