Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Customized Overlays for Charts

Author
m
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I hope I didn´t oversee something and sorry if this has already been discussed. It would be nice to have an option to create customized map overlays not only for waypoints also for special routes and areas. At some airports, there are noise-sensitive areas and they have special VFR departure or arrival routes for example to the reporting points but not published in the AIPs or charts. It would be great if there is a possibility to create customized overlays to mark areas and draw routes and put this as an overlay on top of the moving map. 
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
markusL - 6/20/2020 1:47:17 PM
I hope I didn´t oversee something and sorry if this has already been discussed. It would be nice to have an option to create customized map overlays not only for waypoints also for special routes and areas. At some airports, there are noise-sensitive areas and they have special VFR departure or arrival routes for example to the reporting points but not published in the AIPs or charts. It would be great if there is a possibility to create customized overlays to mark areas and draw routes and put this as an overlay on top of the moving map. 

Check out the custom data tool on the Windows version. Create your objects on Windows then share to your mobile devices via the cloud. 

markusL
m
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
grahamb - 6/20/2020 2:23:59 PM
markusL - 6/20/2020 1:47:17 PM

Check out the custom data tool on the Windows version. Create your objects on Windows then share to your mobile devices via the cloud. 

Is there a possibility to turn on a photorealistic background image to have references? It´s just a blank very rudimental map and in case there are no GPS references available? Or must I find first all the positions in Google and then manually transfer it into the Editor?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Have you not seen the Aerial Photography feature on the What’s Here pop-up?

markusL
m
grahamb - 6/20/2020 4:59:41 PM

This is all what I see in the Airspace Editor tool. 

grahamb
grahamb
markusL - 6/20/2020 5:31:05 PM
grahamb - 6/20/2020 4:59:41 PM

This is all what I see in the Airspace Editor tool. 

Sorry, I meant to use the Aerial Photography feature in the main chart to identify your points and get the Lat/Long, then copy them to the tool. 

Not ideal, but doable.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search