Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon Windows PC and X-Plane - No INTERNET during NAVIGATION

Author
j
Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Gentlemen,
I am using SkyDemon on my Android phone for VFR flying and it works perfectly. It doesn't mind connecting to the internet during a flight.

However, when I use SkyDemon at home on my Windows PC with X-Plane as the source of navigation, it will not download charts or upload the weather during a flight which is very annoying. I'm sure there must be a setting somewhere to let it download during the "flight". Could someone help me with this?

A secondary issue, the sound alarms are very annoying when "flying" on X-Plane, as they are very loud and most of the times I don't care about them anyway. I can't seem to tune which alerts I want and which I don't, I had to revert to muting the entire application on the Windows volume mixer. Is there any other way around this?

Kind regards,
Jaime

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
The trouble is, SkyDemon Plan isn't really designed for navigation so it doesn't have the options you're looking for.

There's a workaround, though: set up the options the way you want them on your Android device, then save them to the cloud. Then load them from the cloud on your PC and those options should be set for you.

jaimebeneyto
j
Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/2/2020 10:55:41 AM
The trouble is, SkyDemon Plan isn't really designed for navigation so it doesn't have the options you're looking for.

There's a workaround, though: set up the options the way you want them on your Android device, then save them to the cloud. Then load them from the cloud on your PC and those options should be set for you.

Thank you Tim,
I will try this now!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search