Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Plates in briefing pack

Author
U
Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This question has been asked before (2017), but I thought I’d post it again as perhaps it gains more traction.

When I print my briefing pack it’d be brilliant if I could print AIP that I pay and subscribe too instead of the SD plates. 
For me a briefing pack isn’t complete without a Print-out of these plates, as I always like to have paper copies with me - just in case.

C’mon alle you geniuses at SD, make this happen....please?

Many thanks!

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Reproduction of AIP plates is a minefield due to copyrights and license restrictions, i.e. a German AIP/VAC are paid content under license and use is strictly ruled (and enforced). As Skydemon aims to a unified for Europe structure, sacrifices on the edge have to be taken and that omittance is one.
Urzwoo
U
Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)
Quick response. Many thanks.

Surely though, a logged in SD user with an active AIP subscription - who has the ability to print subscribed plates from another area of the app - could/should be able to print the complete brief (including plates), from one area of the app.

From a usability point of view, it’s a huge negative point and one that could be easily negated with a simple checkbox (only visible with valid AIP subscriptions), in the ‘create briefing pack’ options field, so that the airfield AIP plates for the planned route can be printed too.

Or at the very least a text reminder that subscribed AIP plates can be printed from the airfields tab.

Perhaps put the suggestion out to customer feedback and see if it gains traction?

Many thanks.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
We would disagree that it's a "huge negative point"; we seem to be doing ok despite what some view as an omission.

I'm not totally against including AIP and purchased third-party plates in briefing pack output, but I view it as something as a minefield, because what plates would we include? Surely not ALL plates that are available/downloaded for every airfield that is part of the configured route? We could allow the user to choose which ones are included, but by the time they've chosen they could have simply printed those plates themselves and kept them.

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
I don't see this a negative as well. The Briefing Pack packs the briefing of Skydemon and includes all Skydemon parts, well done. Anything else is even accessible from within Skydemon, given in cases paid content is ordered. You want Pooley's plates saved, save it. You prefer AFE, get those. I see no benefit in including a lot of garbage to the Briefing Pack, it is fine for me as it is.
Urzwoo
U
Hi Tim. We can agree to disagree, as all users have different flow when using an app.

I’m absolutely not knocking the app - it’s wonderful.
This is just a particular user pain that I feel could be bettered. I also understand effort vs impact issues that need to be taken into account, but this is standard part of product/feature evaluation.

It’s a shame that I rather feel resistance in this issue rather than willingness to genuinely engage.

At least perhaps add a text reminder that AIP plates can be downloaded elsewhere?

Thanks.
Urzwoo
U
Are you a user or part of the product team?
As mentioned in a different post, usability is subjective and not everyone’s flow is the same.

With that in mind, surely all options are relevant and should be explored?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
I'm sorry you feel resistance to this issue, I have engaged by sharing the points that stack up against implementing this feature.

Please bear in mind that this feature has been requested a handful of times during the ten years our product has been popular, and each time it has been considered carefully and its pros and cons weighed. Since nothing has changed at this point, you're hearing the results of prior discussions. I can see how you might interpret that as resistance if you thought this was a suggestion that had never been considered.

For clarity, I work for SkyDemon and Markus is a customer.

Urzwoo
U
Thanks for that. If there’s prior discussions on this forum, please feel free to point me to them - the one I referenced was from 2017. Perhaps there’s a more recent one.

👍
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I suspect that may be the most recent one, but also, I do not have time to trawl through checking. If there is a strong desire among customers for this feature, and they agree with you, I am certain they will not be shy and they'll contribute to this thread.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search