Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

"Airspace Above" warning limit?

Author
P
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello everyone, 

I'm new to Skydemon and have been working on getting to know the planning and navigation features for a couple days now. Almost everything is working great so far. One small issue I ran into:
Several times when flying 3000 - 4000 ft below a C airspace I got an "Airspace above" warning message, for example "Airspace 3700 ft above" or similar. Now I like having these warnings when the airspace is only a few hundred feet above me, but when it's thousands of feet above they are distracting rather than being helpful. 
Is there a way to adjust the limit when the warning is shown? 

I've set the map decluttering options to 1,500 ft above and this works great - I can't see the airspace when underflying it by that margin, but still get the warnings. I also tried adjusting the "Vertical Filter" setting in Navigation Options, but this doesn't seem to have an effect on the airspace warnings. 

This is on Skydemon for Android.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Steve

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
You'll get the warning if you are climbing very fast, so possibly it's something you're seeing due to the way you're using the simulator that wouldn't actually happen in real life.

The only setting for the warnings is how many minutes in advance they appear. You could turn that down if you wanted.

PiperJ3
P
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Thanks Tim. So if I understand correctly, the warning is dependent on how long (in minutes) it would take to reach said airspace at the current climb rate? That makes sense - I think I had the "warning time" option set to 4 minutes. Which would mean I would get a warning about an airspace 3700 ft above me if I'm climbing at 900 fpm or so (which isn't all that unreasonable).
I'll reduce the setting to 2 minutes and try again. 

Thanks for your help.
Steve

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
That's right Steve.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search