Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

French SIA chart style

Author
a
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I’m using the last IOS Version and I noticed recently that the French SIA chart style option has disappeared.
Is it temporary or permanent? I found it quite useful during my flights in France to be able to switch between the French chart style and the others.

Thanks for your enlightenment

Arthur
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
It's permanent. That chart style was barely used and lacked almost all of the enhancements to the main chart styles that had occurred over the last 6 years, so we made the decision to remove it.
jabbalehutt
j
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/30/2020 9:39:32 AM
It's permanent. That chart style was barely used and lacked almost all of the enhancements to the main chart styles that had occurred over the last 6 years, so we made the decision to remove it.
I'm so sad of your décision.... It's a mistake (I think) 

MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Hi,

I would not have suspected that someone could like the SIA-like chart style, to be honest. When used to the Skydemon3 one, it's just impossible to look back. Have a look at the chart options (Terrain and Surface features, airspaces, ...) to adapt it to your needs.

In case you wonder, I fly mostly in France, so I'm used to the horrible SIA paper maps (even if I stopped using them for years ...).

Clive
Clive
Too Much Forum (645 reputation)Too Much Forum (645 reputation)Too Much Forum (645 reputation)Too Much Forum (645 reputation)Too Much Forum (645 reputation)Too Much Forum (645 reputation)Too Much Forum (645 reputation)Too Much Forum (645 reputation)Too Much Forum (645 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/30/2020 9:39:32 AM

It would have been good custoner service to announce it rather than just roll it out without saying anything. It's not even in the release note.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search