Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Query re cloud display in Virtual Radar

Author
S
Forum Member (47 reputation)Forum Member (47 reputation)Forum Member (47 reputation)Forum Member (47 reputation)Forum Member (47 reputation)Forum Member (47 reputation)Forum Member (47 reputation)Forum Member (47 reputation)Forum Member (47 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I understand that the cloud display in virtual radar shows cloud bases. Is there any other information I can derive from the displa? Does the depiction of clouds in VR mean that is the VFR ceiling ie BKN / OVC cloud? Also can the cloud tops be derived from the display as well in which case I’d be curious to know the data source.

Thanks for an awesome product btw. Wouldn’t leave home without it at this point 👍
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for your compliments. The clouds in Virtual Radar represent METAR or TAF, and you'll see the full bulletin if you open the What's Here menu at that point. We do show different cloud images for the type of cloud cover, but the thickness isn't representative of actual thickness because METAR and TAF do not give cloud tops.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search