Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Jumpy screen tracking

Author
Clive
Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just a quick check to see if anyone is getting this problem. 
Recent use of my phone for planning, scrolling zooming etc it seems to be very jumpy and it shoots across to another country as I'm trying to move about. Not something I've experienced until recently and it's very annoying. 
Phone is the same one I've used for years iPhone 5SE run SkyD on it's own,  cleaned screen etc still does it. 
Even happens scrolling the version history. 
Thanks Clive

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
If it even happens when scrolling the version history, I'd say it's likely a problem with the phone itself or the operating system. The version history is just a web page. Can you view it in your web browser outside of SkyDemon?
Clive
Clive
Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)Too Much Forum (392 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/16/2020 11:28:41 AM
If it even happens when scrolling the version history, I'd say it's likely a problem with the phone itself or the operating system. The version history is just a web page. Can you view it in your web browser outside of SkyDemon?

Hi Tim, not looked. It's seems to be the only app that's doing it. Google maps or anything else works fine on the same phone. It's only started recently. 
When I'm scrolling it works as normal and then leaps a few hundred miles in a random direction. 
I'll try a few things, thanks for getting back to me. 
Regards, Clive

Andy Munro
A
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)
Clive - 1/16/2020 11:56:15 AM
Tim Dawson - 1/16/2020 11:28:41 AM

Hi Tim, not looked. It's seems to be the only app that's doing it. Google maps or anything else works fine on the same phone. It's only started recently. 
When I'm scrolling it works as normal and then leaps a few hundred miles in a random direction. 
I'll try a few things, thanks for getting back to me. 
Regards, Clive

Did you get to a conclusion as to why this was happening? Same thing just started happening to me on an early ipad mini 1 that I have been using for SD for years. I am thinking maybe the early processor in the Ipad is no longer powerful enough to do the job and I probably need to upgrade to a newer model, but need to be sure before coughing up for a new ipad. 

Clive
Clive
I think it went when I closed everything and then rebooted the phone. 
Sorry should have reported back. Hasn't done it since. 
Regards, Clive

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search